I don’t know whether these blog awards are real or not, but, seriously, who really cares if there’s an actual award waiting on the other side? It’s always a fun honor just to be nominated.
My beautiful friend AKL over at Baby Wanted: an IVF journey has nominated me for a Liebster Award. AKL is one of the realest, funniest, and sweetest bloggers I’ve met since I began blogging. Please check out her reads! Thanks, AKL for the ‘nom and for writing such kind words about me! I’m so glad we’ve connected.
HERE’S THE RULES:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their post.
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, with your own set of questions.
- Tag your chosen 11 bloggers, and don’t forget to tell them as well!
These are my answers to AKL’s questions:
1. When did you start blogging?
2. Why did you start your blog?
Jake and I were having a tough time getting pregnant, and I felt so alone in trying. I had no clue there were places online for people like me until I discovered fertility blogs. I’ve always expressed myself best through writing—although I don’t claim to be particularly stellar at it—so blogging sounded very healing. It was also the desire of my heart to help other women in this sojourn and hopefully be a source of encouragement.
3. What do you do for your day job?
Paralegal by day, ninja by night.
4. Where are you located (city, country)?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
5. What has been your biggest regret in your life?
There is no scenario in which I’d ever answer this question honestly.
6. What has been your greatest achievement?
Graduating from college. I don’t come from college people. Growing up, there was zero expectation of ever attending college.
But because I lived fully on my own by age 18, I qualified for some program where the state paid my tuition; that got me through some college. Later, through God’s provision via the generosity of a well-off in-law, I was able to complete my degree. It took 8 years to get a 4-year degree, but I’m immensely grateful just to have finished. It was only through the Lord’s sovereign arrangements that college happened for me.
7. What advice would you give to your 18 year old self?
Don’t be so angry, don’t be so independent, don’t be so protective of your heart in that suit of armor you wear with spikes on the outside and ice on the inside. Your decisions in life matter, YOU matter. Things aren’t gonna stay this way forever, hun—this too shall pass.
8. Do you have a special or unusual skill that perhaps people don’t know about ? (I can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in Japanese)
I can sense when a cop is about to drive past. Seriously! I’ll just be walking down the road and I’ll think to myself, “A cop is going to drive by.” Like clockwork, one immediately does. Craziest thing, this is. But also useful. 😉
9. Where is your favorite city to visit?
My own—there’s always something going on in Philly.
10. How do you motivate yourself?
Whatever needs doing, I simply DO IT. Doesn’t matter if I feel like doing it (I usually don’t) or if it can technically wait until tomorrow (it usually can). Through God’s grace I have been given a strong sense of personal responsibility. I’m tough, I have a can-do mentality, and am steadfast in whatever I put my mind to. The simple act of starting something is all the motivation I need to finish it.
11. What do you hope for most in 2018?
It would be cliche to say a baby because, well, this blog….
In 2018 I most want RESTORATION: in my life, in my marriage, for my family, my health, my relationship with God. In whatever form that happens, as long as it’s moving toward restoration then it’s headed in the right direction.
In no particular order, my nominated 11 bloggers are:
Delayed But Not Denied – Because my real-life friend seriously needs to get back to blogging.
Ditch the Bun – Infertility warrior cleverly disguised as a librarian.
In Pursuit of a Family – Because you always write such beautiful posts.
Be Realistic: Plan for a Miracle – Because you sojourn alongside me… from across the pond!
The Sky and Back – Because I miss your blogging.
Bloomin’ Uterus – *Only* the best endometriosis blog on the planet.
Dubliner in Deutschland – Overcoming infertility in a land far from home.
GeeksTravelingInJapan – Also battling infertility in a land far from home.
Woman With Endometriosis – Endo awareness proponent.
Hoping to be More Than a Dog Mom – From one dog mama to another.
Tales of a 30 Year Old Nothing – Because she’s real, relatable, and hilarious.
My 11 questions to the above bloggers:
1. Imagine that the blogosphere suddenly disappears—for whatever reason. What do you do?
2. What characteristic do you not possess at all?
3. Why did the chicken cross the road?
4. How do you face critical problems?
5. One thing about yourself of which you are most proud?
6. The happiest moment of your life?
7. A word which you hate to use?
8. What is your dream job?
9. What villainous character do you most admire, and why?
10. Item on your bucket list that you would be MOST upset if you didn’t accomplish.
11. If you could have lunch with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you order?