My 2017 New Year’s resolution to step up my blogging started off with a genuine burst of determination. Then—carrying on the tradition of 90% of New Year’s resolutions—it plummeted before winter had even ended. Now I think that my blog is growing stale, sitting stagnant, full of crickets, or any other euphemism that fits the bill. I begin drafting posts only to have them linger, eternally unfinished.
Mostly I’m unsure about what to write. I’m not in the throes of treatment, nor am I pursuing adoption or surrogacy. It’s just the same old “natural” TTC (for lack of a better term) over here at Marixsa’s crib. No major updates to report. We’re closer to our dream only in the passage of time.
I’m still on the bandwagon—or perhaps it’s a roller coaster—of teas and supplements, OPKs and basal body temping, timed intercourse and pineapple cores, ad nauseam (also known as the stuff that I gleefully gave up for most of April and May, though in vain). I just cannot seem to stop: well, either can’t or won’t. I’m a creature of habit, and these small tasks and meager efforts have been my habits for so many years that they’ve become like my friends. Or maybe they’re not all that friendly after all… I’ll settle for frienemies.
None of those things is worthy of its own blog post. And, aside from February’s surgery, the only real noteworthy TTC changes I’ve made this year have been:
- Switching to half-caff coffee.
- Adding serrapeptase to my supplement regimen.
- Limiting alcohol to one 5-oz. glass of wine 2 days a week… three days if things get stress-y.
- Convincing Jake to add DHEA to his supplements.
- I’m looking into adding maca root for both Jake and I. I read (mostly) good things about it. It may or may not screw with my thyroid though, so I’m still uncommitted.
- I’m also investigating adding wheatgrass powder for me. It’s so hard to know what’s just a fad and what’s for real when it comes to supplements touted to help fertility. I’ll be stalking online forums and perusing scientific studies before deciding to sink big bucks into yet another supplement.
Does all this give an idea of where my lack of blogging is coming from? Or are you totally snoozing yet?
So, I soldier on. I pray and trust the Lord for a pregnancy in His perfect timing, which lately has been taking a greater priority over anything I can do on my own for a pregnancy. I drink my teas, swallow my pills, live as healthily as possible, and—much to her delight—keep pestering my doctor about my mystery bleeding. I continue living my life as fully as possible, loving those around me, growing and learning and laughing.
What else is a girl to do?
As for pestering my doc about the mystery bleeding, update to follow in a few weeks on that. Having a biopsy next week and completely unsure where we’ll go from there.
Peace to you all. ❤